Millions of people across the world are using different google accounts. The main problem that I have been hearing from Google users is how to protect their accounts. There’s no doubt in the fact that personal accounts have so much personal data that you don’t want to share with anyone. And in case your account is hacked, that’s the biggest uncomfortable condition. Though Google ensures the security of your account for your comfort there is a new facility of Google security that is named as “Google authenticator”. Google authenticator works perfectly for personal computers as well as for smartphones. In this article, I am going to tell you how to use Google authentication on windows 7, 8 and 10. Let’s have a look at it in detail.
Google Authentication For Windows 7,8 and 10:
However, this App has been developed to create a one-time password for all the accounts. Google authenticator is the App that helps you to make all your accounts secure. Mostly it recommended by the experts to their users to turn on 2-factor authentication. Which is mostly called 2F authentication. Gmail owners have the choice to use any other security for the mail and prevent it from hacking and data loss. Below are the simple steps, that will guide you how to use Google authentication on windows 7,8 and 10. Simply follow them and you are done.
Consider it for WinAuth Application:
There are various apps on the internet that can be used to activate 2 step google authentication I am going to select WinAuth application as it is one of best application of its kind. WinAuth is easy to use App that can help you to activate two-step authentication on your personal computer. You should’ve found out about WinAuth that conveys the gridlock murdering assertion to the blockage of the 2-step verification process. One of the splendid ideas after the Google prompted confirmation pathway creating an application is a basic procedure offered by best suppliers of the second non-Google Windows validation application accessible out there.
Simply download the app and open the zip folder. Once you are done, extract the zip file. Now carefully follow the steps below. A little mistake can spoil the whole process.
Steps to use Google Authenticator on Windows 7,8 and 10:
- After you are done with extracting the files from the app, you need to open WinAuth.exe app on your personal computer with either Windows 7,8 or 10.
- In order to start the function of google authenticator on WinAuth app, just click on the add button and now go for the option “Google”. Once you have selected it, the google authenticator confirmation windows will be in front of your screen.
- Now is the time, when you are required to enter the google key given by Google. When you will enter the key, this will help you to get the TOTP.
- In case you don’t know how to get key from the google. Let me guide you first. Just go to google account setting page and keep scrolling down, there will be an option of 2 step authentication. After that select, the button “Switch to App”.
- In case you are operating it on a mobile phone that click the options Android. Otherwise just ignore this step and move on.
- Here you will see a barcode in front of you. And it needs to be scanned. As far as WinAuth app doesn’t have the option to scan the code. Go for “can’t scan the barcode” and enter the provided key.
- Google will now display that secret key. You just need to see the secret key and copy the code afterward.
- Once you are done with copying the secret key just go and paste it in the WinAuth window and press “Verify authenticator”, to get the time-based one-time password for all of your accounts.
- The next step is to copy that time-based code and paste it in the google security setting page.
- Now choose “Verify and save code” it will save the code.
- Now make sure that you have followed all the above steps very accurately. If yes then there will be a confirmation window in front of the screen. Simply press “OK”.
- This “OK” means that changes have been stored in your Google accounts.
- Now go back to WinAuth app and here again press the okay button this is because the changed also need to be saved in WinAuth app.
- The last step is to encrypt the file and enter the password two times.
Tadaaa!! You are done. You have successfully setup WinAuth application and now you are free to use Google authentication n your personal computer.
Benefits of using Windows Authentication On Windows 7,8 and 10:
Following are the reason why you need to active windows Authentication on your personal computer:
- Though apple fingerprint and face scanner are the talks of the town these days, still many people prefer 2FA to secure their accounts from hacking.
- With two-step authentication process there is a long barrier between you and hacker.
- In my opinion, this is surely better than daily SMS alerts and notes upkeep. All you want is to secure your device and you can do it by following a simple step for 2FA.
- Your SMS alert will probably expire in a few days. But 2 sided authentication as compared to SMS alert will remain to validate for quite a long period.
- Though it’s a time taking process, you will not regret after activating it.
I hope the above information is useful for you. In case you have any question or query related to how to use Google authentication on windows 7,8 and 10, feel free to ask in the comment section.
Share this article with your friends too. Thank you.