It doesn’t feel good when someone blocked you on snapchat or any other social media platform. It’s a worst insult and no one wants to encounter this kind of insult. But on the other hand don’t you think that interacting with someone that you dislike is even worst. I am right about this or not. Yes I know I am right. People change, best friends turns out to be snake, and lover become ex. That’s the time when you want to block them and In my opinion blocking is the nice option instead of bearing a continuous torture.
If you are wondering what happens when you block someone on snapchat, either they get to know that you have blocked them or its a secret. And why blocking someone on snapchat is different than removing them from friend list. Then don’t worry I am here to solve all the queries related to snapchat and its blocking option. In this article I am going to tell you what happens when you block someone on snapchat and the ways to block someone on snapchat as well. Let’s have a look on detailed article below.
What happen When You Block Someone On Snapchat?
The most important thing that I want to mention here is that blocking someone is a complete different thing than removing any of your friend from friend list. When you block someone on snapchat, the reason could be anything like they are your ex, or someone is sending you nudes or vulgar pictures, or someone is trying to get your intention. No matter whatever the reason is, if you block them you can get rid of their stupid stuff. The blocked person will not be able to see your stories, or send you any kind of message. In addition to that your account username will not appear in the search box, if he/she is trying to search you out.
On the other hand when you remove someone from your friend list only, and your account is not public than the person who you removed will not be able to see your stories only. He/she can send you friend request again and again. Moreover the message or call option will also be available for him.
So if you want to get rid of someone completely then blocking them is far better option.
How To Block Someone On Snapchat?
After knowing the importance of “Block” option on snapchat, you must be wondering how to block someone on snapchat. No worries, blocking someone on snapchat doesn’t involve any kind of rocket science. It can be down in few simple steps and I am mentioning these steps below. Just follow them and you are done.
- First of all, open your snapChat App and go to the main screen. On the top there will be search box. Tap this search box.
- After that, type the user name of the particular person in the search box. Once it comes in front of you, just select it by tapping the user’s icon.
- Now you need to go to the user setting. On the top left of the screen there will be three horizontal lines. Tap the lines and the window will open. You can select the desired action from there.
- Tap block from all the options, to proceed the process of blocking the certain account.
- Now you need to confirm that you actually want to block this person. A message from snapchat will pop up on the screen saying “Are you sure, you want to block this person” again press block.
- The last step is to give the reason. Reason that why are you blocking that person. You are select the reason from given option. For example inappropriate snaps, harassing me, or whatever the reason it. Submit your reason. Snapchat want to know the reason because they want this social media website to be safe for everyone.
- And you are done. The person will now not be able to see any of your stories, neither can he/she send you message or snap.
How To Tell, If Someone Blocked You On Snapchat?
Have you ever experienced that your boyfriend suddenly disappeared from snapchat. He is not sending you pictures or snaps any more. Neither can you see any of his snapchat story. If this happened to you, there might be a possibility that he have blocked you from snapchat. You will not get any notification if someone have blocked you, but their account will become hidden. More over the more authentic way to find out that if you are blocked by him is to search the user name in the search box. If it can’t be search it means that you are definitely blocked. In case their name is still there in your inbox, then try to send them any snap. If the snap is delivered successfully, then there is a hope but if you are not able to send the snap it means that they have surely blocked you.
Remember if you have saved some of your messages, they will remain in the chat history even after blocking. But you will loss the access over them.
Getting irritated by someone is worst feeling ever. Everyone has their self-respect, and if anyone is attacking your self-esteem, he should not be allowed for doing so. In short if someone is harassing or annoying you on snapchat, it’s a right time to block them right there. In the article above I have mentioned all the details of how you can block someone and what happens when you block someone on snapchat.
I hope this information will be helpful for you. If you find this article useful don’t hesitate and share it with your friends too.